Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Making things and reading stuff

I've recently become slightly obsessed by the superb Make Projects website. I come from a family of engineers and I've always enjoyed the principle of building things, but I've never really gotten around to it. Fortuitously this discovery comes at the same time I find out that there's such a thing as the London Hackspace.

I can't imagine there's ever been a generation which is more disconnected from the ways in which things are actually made. I certainly have no real idea of how things are put together and why the devices I use every day do the things which they do.

In the next few weeks and months I'm hoping to get down to the Hackspace and become a member.

In other news, I'd thoroughly recommend keeping an eye on both the Al Jazeera and The Guardian's live feeds on Occupy Wall Street, which was evicted (quite possibly illegally) last night.

I also would suggest taking a look at the live feed, run by a guy called Tim (I think), in fact, you should be able to see it right here:


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment