Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Quotes, quotes, quotes

Good quotations are hard to find, but oh so useful. Hence when I found this document accidentally (I literally don't know where I picked it up, I just discovered I'd opened it in a tab on my browser) I was rather pleased. Its a selection of quotes from military sources and scholars, here are a few of my favourites:
Never interrupt your opponent while he is making a mistake.
Napoleon Bonaparte

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
President John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address

There is only so much stupidity one man can prevent.
Attributed to Andy Marshall, Director of Net Assessment

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Thomas Payne, The American Crisis, 1776

Fanaticism consists in redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim.
George Santayana
I'm sure a few of these will be turning up in future presentations.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment