Saturday, 25 December 2010

Merry Christmas one and all

I wanted to post a short message to say Merry Christmas to everyone who takes the time to check in on this blog. I hope you're all having a great day and spending time with the people you care about.

For my part I'm home with my family, having a wonderful time, and am the recipient of a huge pile of books. Notable highlights include Eating Soup with a Knife, Griftopia, The Accidental Guerrilla and Macrowikinomics. I'm fortunate to have a family who have long since stopped asking about my curious reading habits and now reserve themselves to asking when I plan to invade Poland.

I'd like to say thank you to all the people who've helped make this blog what it is. I started this project out mainly as an exercise in getting my own thoughts in order about various things, and over time its grown into more and more of an interactive exercise. Its still a thrill when something I write generates comment and criticism. My readership has grown every month and I hope to continue to earn more readers in the new year.

Special thanks to James at the Campaign War Room for providing me with advice and guidance both online and off. We've collaborated on a few things now on overlapping interests throughout the year and its been a lot of fun. He's also guaranteed to have at least one thing worth reading on his blog every day.

Ian from Only Dreaming has been a great help both behind the scenes and online. An old schoolfriend its been great to work with him on a couple of projects. The main one being Westminster Hubble, a concept he brought into reality with style. Hopefully we can work on some more projects in the coming year (if either of us can find the time).

Also thanks to David from Kings of War whose commentary on one of my posts generated a lively discussion on the nature of Anonymous and its role in the future of online conflict. This is a debate we're seeing more and more in the mainstream media and I'll be writing more about it in the future.

I'm sure there are other people who deserve thanks, and I'll try and remember who they are later on.

For now, I'm going to go and eat until things start to hurt.

Have a wonderful Christmas all.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment