Tuesday, 14 December 2010

How Clegg could go

As promised I finally got the full story on how the Liberal Democrat rules work for forcing a vote for a new leader (or keeping the old leader).

In essence you have to get 70 constituency Lib Dem parties to say they want a vote, its that simple. If you can get 70 of them to get in a line and say they want it, you can go wild.

The thing is, theres no rule on the size and significance of the constituency organisations so you could go round the houses in some seats the leadership doesnt even know it has supporters in.

Anyway, thats my two cents for the day. I've been avoiding blogging in favour of more time spent on twitter following the rapidly unfolding student fees news and the Wikileaks stuff.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. What a difference a few months makes - I never thought as I was dishing out Lib Dem leaflets, that 7 months later I would be happy that it could take so little to evict #iagreewithnick Clegg.

    ReplyDelete